Monday, May 19, 2008

A Reflection on Narnia




Watched Chronicles of Narnia today. It was a nice movie with lots of hidden teachings I would say. Still need more time to digest on the message C.S. Lewis going to bring out.

Personally, this movie had reminded me on the love of God and the undescribable comfort we are enjoying under God's protection. There is one part of the movie where Lucy was riding the horse in the jungle alone looking for Aslan while there were soldiers coming after her to strike her off. I can imagine the comfort and peace she experience when she was helpless after falling down from her horse and at that moment in time the savior appeared to save her from the danger. When I saw Lucy running over to Aslan hugging him and overjoyed under the protection of Aslan, it stikes to my heart that why dont I enjoy the peace and joy in God as well? Frankly, I admit that the current job has been so consuming that I hardly have much time to reflect on God's word. No doubt the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I will almost be like a dead fish by the time I reached home from work and there is nothing that I wish to do except to curl myself up on my super comfort bed. This lifestyle has been ruining my life. But, why? Why I am reluctant to let go of all these things, enjoying myself under God's rule?

" I knew it's you. The whole time I knew it is you." said Lucy firmly. " And they dont believe me!"

" And why would that stop you from coming to me?" Aslan questioned.

I believe this would be the question that God is going to ask me as well... Why would that stop me from coming to Him? What is the thing that stop me? I think it's faith itself. I have no faith that God is gonna hold me when I fall. It is like you are not going to sit down if you are not sure that there is a chair beneath to support you.


A good verse to be always remembered when we stumble...

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV








Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 KJV

No comments: