Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blackout Hour

The blackout hour last night gave me a moment to think through something so true about human nature. It was out of sudden that the area that I live in had a total darkness... It was the loss of electricity.

The first thing that popped up in my mind is...oh, dear! I am going to sleep soon. How am I going to sleep without electricity? I had no choice but to climb up my bed with the help of the light on my mobile.

During the hour of blackout, i was wondering how our grandpa and grandma and even our great grandparents would survive without electricity? How warm it would be in the afternoon without the comfort of air-cond or fan? How inconvenient it would be without light at night? They would only rely on the small light from candles or oil burner to bright up the place. Then, i started to imagine that the weather should be colder many years ago compared with the current weather. Why the world is getting warmer and warmer, and causes all this global warming? It is due to the 'good deeds' of human beings as well. When the weather was not that warm, we tried to be clever by inventing air-cond and electricity for the convenience of people, however, until this stage in time, we have become the slave to our own invention. We are not able to survive without electricity and air-cond. Sigh!

Beside that, I was wondering it must had been very difficult for Jesus and His disciples when they walked around to evangelise. Not only that, maybe they had to walk under the very hot sun for the whole day as well. Hmmm... so far when I read bible I never consider the weather when they walked from one place to the other, may it be hot? may it be cold?

Maybe... It is me who just took things for granted!

No comments: