Saturday, August 9, 2008

Finding memories on my teenage years

Reading through the diary that I used to write gave me a lot of memories both sweet and bad. It was two days ago that I accidentally found my diary kept inside the lowest drawer in my wardrobe. In fact I couldn't remember any single thing I wrote in my diary so I decided to read through again.
Writing diary was the habit since i was 16 but however this habit had stopped during my college time. Most of my entries were on friends and BGR. It would be either on who I met or what I had done with my friends. Some would include the arguments that I had with friends and surely it included the elements of pride and jealousy.
It gave me a moment to reflect back how was I as a teenager and what would be the things in the mind of teenagers. Although time might have changed and the interest of teenagers nowadays are different from my time, but I guess it helps abit as how I should talk to teenagers in church and what I should expect from them. It helps also to evaluate whether we have put too much pressure on what they are doing and what they shouldnt be doing as teenagers.
There was at one point that I thought I was so childish previously but it was those experiences that I have which shapes me to be the person that I am right now. So, no regret on my past and strive hard to be a better person in the future.

No comments: